Saturday, October 22, 2005

Was I really in Bangkok two days ago?



I'm so tired that I might fall alseep at the keyboard before finishing to type.

It was a family day. We spent almost the whole day outside trying to clean up the mess Katrina made. Several hours raking and sweeping up branches, leaves, chunks of roof, you name it. Other hours passed tearing down damaged fencing and putting up new boards. My mother and I capped off the evening by picking out chunks of gravel from a pile of leaves in the backyard. We're hoping to find the gravel a new home. It doesn't need to live at our house anymore. While we picked through the dirt, my dad helped the neighbors carry the dismembered remains of a large tree to the curb.

Now it's time for the folks to work on insurance claims. My jetlagged body is heading to bed.

Tomorrow we hope to finish the gravel project and start cleaning out the attic. It's always a party in New Orleans.

P.S. The Roman Candy Man is back on the streets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home