Friday, September 23, 2005

It is happening again...

I've had a giant's voice in my head all day. The voice belongs to a taller than tall man in Twin Peaks (the series, not the movie) who materialiazes out of nowhere to get Special Agent Cooper's attention. He has a warning.

"It is happening, again. It is happening, again."

The giant speaks of a supernatural evil named Bob. I'm thinking about hurricanes with Latina names.

The Texans and South Louisianians who have taken in so many people after Katrina don't deserve this. No one deserves this.

Where are my parents? Maybe in New Orleans. They were there the last time I spoke to them, trying to get the 10 remaining shingles to cover the hole in the roof. Clearing debris out the storm drains to help prevent another round of flooding. Their friends and belongings that had relocated to Houston were heading back to New Orleans to get out of Rita's way.

Today in the mirror, I noticed that instead of reddish highlights, the silver is becoming more and more pronounced. Feels like a lifetime since hurricane season began. Only sixty-nine more days to go.

1 Comments:

Blogger lequincampe said...

69 days? Can we make it?

On a happier note, I am 60 pages away from finishing Zadie Smith's "On Beauty" and I highly recommend it to all who are trying to take their minds off the ongoing disaster.

September 23, 2005 4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home