Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Merry Day After



Hope everyone is having a happy holidays. I'm just about packed up and ready to hit the road. Tomorrow we're headed to Memphis. Tennessee. None of us have ever seen Graceland and it's about time.

I've been too ill to be sad about leaving New Orleans. Too ill to say goodbye to people too. Last night I took a hit off an asthma inhaler someone gave me in the spring. I was always too nervous to use it, afraid someone else's prescription medicine might do me in. But yesterday I finally broke down and it was good. Oh oxygen, I didn't realize how much I had missed you.

Next post will be from the road. I already miss home and I haven't left yet...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray for oxygen! I know how you feel; I resisted the inhaler for a long time. Now I understand how it feels to actually be able to breathe!

I think life is handing both of us big metaphorical inhalers right now. Let's grab on and remember what it feels like to breathe again.

Peace and love to you Jennifer!

December 26, 2006 10:28 AM  
Blogger lequincampe said...

I'll be back in NYC on New Year's Eve and ready to welcome you to Brooklyn!

December 26, 2006 10:59 AM  
Blogger Jennifer P. said...

Natasha, I wouldn't have been brave enough to use it without you coaching me via phone on the how-to's. I did end up spraying my tongue on the first attempt. You were right, when that happens it is nasty.

Ms. Nola, I'm counting down the hours!

January 01, 2007 11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home