Friday, February 08, 2008

Feeling Like a Person Again



I have been feeling normal for two whole days. It makes me want to skip around singing and doing cartwheels. Maybe that's the good side of feeling sick - the return to health and the celebration of being a complete person again.

Tomorrow I'm taking a group of kids to the woods in Upstate New York. It should be fun. We were hoping for a iced over pond to frolic on, but it's been too warm and we might not see any ice at all.

This past week I've gotten up-close and personal with a red-tailed hawk twice on the garden grounds. Every evening when I walk home through the empty garden, I've been scanning the trees for the hawk. There is a pair that lives in Prospect Park and nests every spring named Ralph and Alice. Maybe it's from that pair. Or one of their offspring.

Next weekend is the Great Backyard Bird Count. We've got birds of prey coming as special visitors for the kids in the park next Saturday, and then we are going to go outside and count!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sugarless said...

I was sick last week too. It makes a huge difference to feel normal.
I hope you get some photos of the birds - I'm a sucker for animals.

February 11, 2008 3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home