Thursday, June 30, 2005

Angels



We walked our feet off in Berlin today. Saw a lot of angels.

The mental soundtrack of the day has been German dialogue I can´t understand from the Wim Wenders film, Wing´s of Desire, along with some U2. The only deviation in the playlist was David Bowie singing Heroes between my ears as I stood next to the remains of the wall with Chris.

I, I can remember (I remember)
Standing, by the wall (by the wall)
And the guns shot above our heads
(over our heads)
And we kissed,
as though nothing could fall
(nothing could fall)

2 Comments:

Blogger lequincampe said...

No bad techno or David Hasselhoff? Just kidding. I would have U2's "One" in my head if I happened to be in Berlin. How do you like it?

June 30, 2005 12:56 PM  
Blogger Jennifer P. said...

Berlin was really great. Snap judgement: I could be happy living there...if I learned German.

Zoo Station was where we started and ended our visit. Bono's voice spent most of the day crooning,

"Just down the line - Zoo Station
Gotta make it in time - oh, Zoo Station"

July 06, 2005 12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home