Sunday, November 26, 2006

Falling Into Place



Today I learned that I have a place to live in New York. An apartment fell out of the sky.

As of January I'll be living in Park Slope, Brooklyn, with three other roommates in the top floor of a brownstone. One of the roommates is Ms. Nola. I've been so happy all day that I've alternately danced in circles and broken out into little jigs. There's been singing too.

The room is small but cozy and has a window with a lovely view of a tree-lined street. There's room for my Turkish rug. All I need is my rug and computer and I'm good to go. Who needs furniture?

Looking up the new neighborhood on Wikipedia, I learned that Park Slope is a place where big things have been known to fall out of the sky, actually just a couple doors down from the soon-to-be-home. It's somehow fitting that Donnie Darko's real-life sister happens to live around the corner.

The only things I want to see falling out the sky for the next two years are rain, snow, and gingko leaves.

1 Comments:

Blogger lequincampe said...

so happy you'll be living with me!

November 28, 2006 12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home