Friday, March 28, 2008

Break Time



I've been on a spring break sabbatical from work and school. Unfortunately, the increasing tension in my neck muscles is telling me it's almost time to get back to the academic projects.

THE PROJECTS ARE WAITING!

It's been a lovely week of freedom.

In the past seven days I have visited the American Museum of Natural History, the Bronx Zoo, Ellis Island, the Metropolitan Museum, the Museum of the City of New York, the Brooklyn Botanic Garden, The Museum of art and Design, MoMA, and the American Folk Art Museum.

I had a professional massage, dyed Easter eggs, slumber partied at Tinkerbell's, went to the movies, read a book, took 400 photos, attended a presentation about educational programs in India, went to an art opening, watched a dance performance, ate Italian/Thai/Indian/Kosher/Middle Eastern/and deli food, purged my wardrobe, cleaned my room, got licensed as a substitute teacher, and slept.

It's been awesome.

Normally all my energy is channeled into reading articles and writing copious amounts of papers. I'm learning a lot, but... the learning comes at the cost of nearly everything else that makes life good.

There needs to be more balance.

I'm counting down the weeks. Six. Six more till the semester is done. After that, five more classes and a thesis to go.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sugarless said...

That sounds like one sweet week.

April 06, 2008 2:08 PM  
Blogger Jennifer P. said...

Brie!!! Miss you.

April 07, 2008 10:13 PM  
Blogger Sugarless said...

You are a sweetheart. I miss you too. (I told someone the alligator in the bathroom story...still cracks me up.)

April 08, 2008 3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home