Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Good things



I don't even know where to start. Things are good. Still crazy busy, but overall, good and exciting.

Everyone survived the camping trip this past wekeend. There was mist, there was cold, but there was very little rain. The fog and mist were beautiful. We went on night hikes without flashlights. The seventh-grade students did solo hikes in the dark. So brave, these city kids in the deep woods with only the sound of peeping frogs and rustling trees. Best of all, within 10 minutes of lights out, on both nights, they were asleep.

Yesterday our research group presented our findings to the museum we have been working with since February. I don't know how many pages our whole project is with the appendix. It's at least 100+. Whoohooo! WE'RE DONE.

After the presentation, I rushed back to Brooklyn to go shopping at a plant sale at the garden. I bought a small carload of plants (luckily I ran into a co-worker with a car). My friend Dan is letting me putter around in his backyard, planting things in the ground. Last week I was in his backyard, getting the space ready for planting. Covered in mud and bleeding from close encounters with thorny vines, I couldn't have been happier.

Today I helped at a plant sale where over 3000 children purchased plants. It was hectic but lovely. The sale happens again tomorrow and I'll get to show and tell about plant with the kids before they make their purchases.

This evening I went to Cringe, hoping to catch a glimpse of two of my favorite bloggers. I check in on their lives in a virtual way almost everyday, and it was surreal to have our paths intersect in real time and space. Not only did I see them, but I was able to speak to both of them. Heather and Jon were both very kind and welcoming. I really didn't know if I would be brave enough to speak to them if I had the chance, and I'm so glad I didn't give in to my shyness. It was a good feeling to be able to pass on some appreciation for their work. (Thanks Shokufeh, it wouldn't have happened without you.)

Here's to a good May.



The cherry blossoms are dropping, carpeting the sidewalk.





Peonies are blooming...





...and it's easy to get lost in the petals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home