Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Summer



Yesterday I spent a lot of time getting around to things I haven't had time to do in the past year, like call the Apple Support line to talk about my computer's battery. I've had no battery charge since last May.

Yesterday evening I spent a good while chatting with a genius at the Apple Store's Genius Bar when the phone support wasn't enough to fix my problem. The genius was very nice and from him I learned that the computer has a cool graphing program I'd never seen before and that you can open several windows at once and make them dance back and forth on the screen. It was a little mesmerizing. I did a better job of watching the swirling, dancing graphs than listening to his advice for what to do with my computer when I got home.

My battery was replaced, all seemed well, and one last check was run on the computer to see if there were any hardware problems. Something was wrong with a temperature sensor. The genius told me that my computer would have to go to repair sleep-away camp for an indefinite amount of time. It could be as long as two weeks.

School starts up again tonight. Eight sessions to go between now and real summer vacation.

1 Comments:

Blogger shokufeh said...

That's what I should have done - taken my MacBook with me to Baton Rouge when I went there this past weekend. I suspect I have a temperature issue, along with my battery issue, as well.
Gosh, I feel like I live in the provinces.

May 28, 2008 2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home