Sunday, November 02, 2008

Remembering Jeff



Last night I stayed up late, making an altar for Día de los Muertos.

Some of you know this and some of you don't. It's something I don't talk about often.

Two years ago my brother disappeared after sending my family a goodbye letter. It's been a long, long process for all the people who loved him to try to find some peace with what happened.

This past July we got news, news it wasn't easy to hear.

For Day of the Dead, it's believed that if you light candles, put out pan de muerto, and decorate with marigold flowers, the spirits of loved ones will find the way back from the other world to visit.

I miss my little brother. Last night it was good to at least have him back in spirit.

1 Comments:

Blogger shokufeh said...

I miss him, too.

November 03, 2008 11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home