Sunday, August 31, 2008

Talking to Customer Service



...I'm supposed to fly on Tuesday and I'd like to change my outgoing destination from New Orleans to Knoxville.

There should be no problem for you to fly out of New Orleans on Tuesday.

Um. There's a big hurricane. The airport's not going to be open until Wednesday or Thursday at the earliest.

Our records show that no flights have been cancelled for Tuesday.

Really? Because the airport's been taken over by the military.

Ah, oh my god... Please hold while I talk to my supervisor.

2 Comments:

Blogger shokufeh said...

Wow, talk about living with one's head in the sand. Or in a nether part of one's anatomy.
So, you guys are going to hang out in Knoxville for the next few days? Oh, wait, Tuesday's tomorrow. This experience has been a time warp. I'm starting to sound like your customer service person.

September 01, 2008 10:38 AM  
Blogger Jennifer P. said...

I didn't mention that I think I was talking to a man who worked at a call center in India. He was super-nice, if uninformed. I can understand that he wouldn't personally know what was going on, but I can't understand why Delta hadn't updated it's computer system.

I don't know what day it is either!

September 01, 2008 12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home