Saturday, November 15, 2008

Weaving a Food Web



Teaching kiddies wore me out today. I didn't realize how tired I was from the day until I was almost asleep on the subway back home. At 4:30 in the afternoon.

We started worm composting less than a month ago and already we have a tremendous amount of soil. This afternoon we pulled the worm bin out to show the kids and they were cheering about the soil accumulation. One of them said, "The worms made all that? That's all worm poop?!?"

Yep, lots of rich, fertile wondrous worm poop.

I brought a really disgusting book with me today, What's Eating You?: Parasites - The Inside Story. It's got the greatest cartoon illustrations. After perusing one or two pages my entire body begins to itch. I had hoped to use it in conjunction with our exploration of food webs. But we ran out of time. Too bad because they would have loved it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home