Wednesday, July 18, 2007

New Strategy



For the class with two weeks worth of reading assigned every two days, I decided that I'm only going to read the required articles and books that are interesting and/or relevant. That cuts down on the workload considerably. Most of it is repetitive and/or outdated. This a phenomenon that I expected of other grad programs, not this one. I'm glad this course is the exception and not the rule. Death to teacher-centered lecture!!

My other class, in the woods, is full of exploration and so wonderful that I really don't want to take a break at lunch time or come home at the end of the day. That's the way school can be...

3 Comments:

Blogger Sugarless said...

My classes are killing me with reading and ethics and speeches...why did I do this to myself?
Ok, I'm climbing off the ledge now.
(I miss you.)

July 18, 2007 3:10 PM  
Blogger Jennifer P. said...

Are you a "soggy" piece of cheese? I'm curious about your screen name.

I have class with someone twice a week that reminds me of you. I miss you too! I owe you real email.

July 18, 2007 4:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I always called it "familiarizing myself with the readings."

July 31, 2007 10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home