Friday, November 30, 2007

A Big Day



Today is a big day.

It's the last day of NaBloPoMo. With this post, I have blogged every day this month. Whoohoo! It's become obvious that I will work for the extrinsic reward of a possible prize.

Writing for its own sake... not so much.

Maybe if there is Ribena at the grocery store in Dublin and a young Irish lassie promised to bring a big jug to New York if she comes to visit, maybe I would keep posting for that.

Will post for bribes.

It's also a big day because I just found out that a photograph I took of a seaside village on an island in Greece is going to be published in a book on Mediterranean islands. Hurray for a ferry stop at a tiny little island that most people don't take pictures of! Hurray for photo researchers doing searches of Flickr accounts! Hurray for labeling photos with place names!

Lastly, it's a big day because today 27 months after the storm, repairs on the inside of my parent's house will be completed. There will still be a storage pod on the lawn, a full set of 30 year old kitchen cabinets on the front porch, no landscaping, and no garage/driveway/ sidewalk. But the inside will be done.

WHOOHOO!

1 Comments:

Blogger shokufeh said...

Congratulations on all of these things! I was thinking about your family, and wondering about the status of the house, last night, as we were in Whole Foods and there was much Christmas-y tree matter about. Maybe I am also a bit allergic. I am inviting myself over to see the new digs.
I'm also quite excited about this book inclusion!

November 30, 2007 9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home