Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Forgetfulness



I have so much work to do and I'm dragging my feet about getting it done. I do best in the mornings and lately my free time to get things done has been in the evenings and that's just no good. No good at all. Not enough concentration juice left in the brain by the evening.

Lately I've been noticing that I have almost no short term memory retention. I draw a blank whenever anyone asks what I did the day before. I'm not really sure. Or the week or weekend before? If I didn't write it down, I have absolutely no idea.

Packing my bag in the morning for going to work or school has been disastrous lately. It takes me 15 minutes because by the time I walk to the kitchen or back to my room to get what I needed, I have no idea what I am looking for. This can happen 5 or 6 times before an item makes it into my bag. I need an hour and a half to get ready to leave the house in the morning.

I think this memory problem also makes me a very boring conversational companion. I might be telling the same stories over and over again to people who don't want to hear them. I don't know because I can't remember who I've talked to about what. Just tell me to shut my pie hole if I do it to you.

Today I misplaced my little notebook that has all my lists that keep me reminded of what I am supposed to be doing. Bad. Very bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home