Saturday, December 01, 2007

Southern Comfort



I realize I wrote a lot in the past month about being stressed out and having papers to write. That's going to be the same boring story for the next two and a half weeks until I go home to New Orleans and eat myself into 2008.

Last night I talked to my family and at some point in the conversation my mother said it was nice to hear me sound so relaxed.

There was a simple explanation for that. "I've been drinking."

Today I regaled a group of seventh graders about the pleasures of being in New Orleans and eating fried pecan pie.

"FRIED PIE!" they screamed.

Oh yes. Fried pie.

They were much more excited about the concept of fried desert than they were about sharing the tabouli salad I had brought for them for lunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home