Tuesday, December 04, 2007

What Not To Do



This morning I was pretty tired. I worked until 4 am on my paper, slept for a bit and got up around 7am to get ready to go spend the day at class.

I thought I was feeling pretty perky and alert as I prepared to make breakfast. Water was boiling in the kettle in preparation for a big cup of tea. I cracked a couple of eggs to make an omelet.

The breakfast routine is pretty much the same everyday.

Boil the water. Set out mug. Get out a bowl. Crack the eggs.

Today, in my tiredness, I missed one little step.

The bowl wasn't on the counter.

Kettle boiling. Mug on the counter. Eggs cracked. I remembered cracking them.

Where?

I peered over the top of the tea mug. Two eggs stared back at me like a pair of eyes.

Uggh. Not feeling so perky after all.

Talking to people on the way into class, we all looked forward to the relief of turning in our papers after a nearly sleepless night. Last paper of the course. Freedom in sight!

But the professor didn't want our papers.

"You can keep working on them until next week."

I wanted to crack eggs in her coffee.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cocktails said...

Hi there,

I have been reading your blog on and off for a while and just wanted to say I feel your pain! It is just so annoying when things like that happen - like you haven't got a life outside writing papers...

December 05, 2007 5:23 AM  
Blogger shokufeh said...

I hate it when teachers give you an extension.

December 05, 2007 9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home