Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Track Record



So I forgot to post yesterday. That makes twice already this month. The last two years of NaBloPoMo I did manage to post every day in November. I'm not really sure what the problem is this year.

Maybe because I managed to do it twice before, the same sense of challenge no longer exists.

At a two hour lecture last night on museum exhibition labels (sounds exciting, right?), I learned that one reason people are able to walk on hot coals is that they get nervous and sweat. The perspiration on the soles of their feet helps prevent them from getting burned. The more nervous a coal-walker is, the more protected he or she is from injury. Coal-walkers who become complacent about the ability to walk across burning coals no longer sweat and are in real danger of burning the bottoms of their feet off.

Guess I've singed myself twice this month. Wonder if I can start sweating again between now and when December 1st rolls around.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sugarless said...

Finally! A way that my profuse sweating would benefit me.

November 21, 2008 12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home