Saturday, November 11, 2006

Karma



It was a day of much walking. Thankfully the throbbing ankle from yesterday seems to have recovered in the night.

What throbbing ankle?

That would be the formerly sprained one that has been healing quite nicely these last two months. Then yesterday in the airport, while sitting in the waiting area outside Gate 12, a hyperactive and portly boy smashed into it while running down the aisle at mock speed. His adult handler yelled, "Say you're sorry!!!" as he rocketed off to the snack stand without a backward glance. I wish I my throbbing foot had at least tripped him. A little poetic justice please.

Last night my foot kept me up until the pills kicked in.

It's kind of odd to be back in New York with the knowledge that I will soon be living here again. It's been over 12 years since I moved away and the old haunts have reinvented themselves so many times, that its comes as a pleasant surprise to find something recognizable.

Tonight as we brainstormed dinner ideas, my friend Tinkerbell and I stumbled upon Two Boots To Go-Go. I used to eat there all the time in college. It's still there, and the slice of Larry Tate (spinach, plum tomatoes, & fresh garlic on a white pie) is still delicious.

The UNIQLO mother store was interesting. More like a disco than a store. I think it would make me ill if I had to spend more than 20 minutes in there. Too much boom boom boom boom for the head.

Tomorrow the plan is to meet Ms. Nola at her place of work and then wander over to the Metropolitan Museum. Whenever I go there, I like to imagine being one of the kids in the book From The Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler, hiding out in the Met, stealing pennies from the fountain for lunch money and sleeping roaming the halls at night. It's definitely a pre-motion detector/security camera plot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home