Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Oh YES!!



Friday I'm headed to New York for a week. I've been looking forward to the visit (aside from dreading the cold weather). Yesterday I got an elegant tailored coat so the hate of cold has turned to anticipation of wearing something that flares out if one twirls. It doesn't go with my hiking shoes though. Something has to be done about the footwear.

There are a few of goals to accomplish in going to New York. First and foremost is to visit my graduate program. Check out the new neighborhood way way Uptown. Friends to visit. Bagels and knishes to eat. The Apple Store. Hopefully a movie or two. Museums... And today I found out that there will be UNIQLO.

OH YES.

Oh YES!

In Japan, there was only one place that I could dependably buy Western-woman sized clothes: UNIQLO. I how I love that store. Love. LOVE. LUV.

Simple, cheap, comfortable clothes. Things that last. Basics. Good socks. Camisoles. Sweaters. Stretchy corduroy pants...

The mother-of-all-stores is opening in NY on Friday. The MOTHER STORE. The biggest UNIQLO shop in the world. やった! For all it's multitudinous ills, sometimes globalization feels like a beautiful thing.

Oh yeah, and Rumsfeld's out, the Democrats are in, and Britney finally Fed-Exed K-Fed. Yes, yes, and yes. Hell yes.

4 Comments:

Blogger lequincampe said...

Yippee! I want to go to that store, too. Should we dare go opening weekend?

But movies, Ethiopean food, etc all sounds good to me. I have to give you a call tomorrow night.

November 09, 2006 12:11 AM  
Blogger Jennifer P. said...

Oh yes...

November 09, 2006 1:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - who would have thought that Uniglo could make you SO HAPPY!!! Mata ne. Kimu

November 09, 2006 1:07 PM  
Blogger Jennifer P. said...

Kimu, genki?

Yeah, today the morning after the UNIQLO buzz had worn off, it did feel kind of strange to have been SO happy.

It is nice to take the time to celebrate unexpected access to something that comes from faraway. The feeling can be equated to the excitement of finding cheddar cheese in a Japanese grocery store. In North America, not a big deal, but in Miyazaki, cause for a full on cheese party.

November 09, 2006 10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home