Saturday, November 04, 2006

Promises Fulfilled



Today has been a big day. It's been a day to assuage guilt from things left too long undone.

I finished two books that had been lingering in half-read states for far too long. One of them was the book group book from earlier in the week. The other was book five in the No.1 Ladies Detective Agency series. One more half-read book about museum education to go. It's a book that's been renewed form the library four times. Good thing no one else wants to read it.

I went to the gym and worked out for a couple of hours. After going almost everyday for two months, it had been depressing to see how little change there had been on the scale. I've been building muscle mass almost as quickly as I'd been burning the fat. But today the scale said there was officially 5 lbs. (2.27 kg) less of me than there had been on the day I joined the fitness center.

To celebrate the milestone, I asked my mom to bake some double chocolate brownies. It's not fitness sabotage; it's all about living it up and burning it off again. Eating them was guilt free.

I've spent the evening working on catching up with long-overdue emails. There used to be 350+ emails in my inbox that needed answering. A couple of months ago, 300 of them disappeared into the ether. Oopsie. Mil disculpas. Lots of email guilt.

And then there are the photos I took of friends that were snapped with the express purpose of posting them to the blog. Today is the day for them to make their debut.


First, we have Robyn and I in our construction worker safety outfits. This was taken a month or two before the scaffolding collapsed. It was also five pounds and two haircuts ago.

The next photo is a sneaky picture of James and Anna.



I went to Austin to visit them after my brother brought us together. We sat up late into the night, telling stories, laughing and crying. It would be nice to get back to Austin sometime before Christmas. I didn't promise that - but it would be nice.

And finally, I managed two blog posts today. Has that ever happened before? I haven't been feeling any blog guilt whatsoever since NaBloPoMo started. That's a positive change! Thank you Mrs. Kennedy.

2 Comments:

Blogger shokufeh said...

Today we detoured through the hotel lobby to admire the walls. Everything looked so nice!

November 05, 2006 4:09 PM  
Blogger Jennifer P. said...

I haven't been inside since it opened. I might have to do a stroll-by too.

November 05, 2006 4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home