Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Back to modesty



Thanks to windy weather the past few days, the tree that screens my window from the view of the other apartments on the block has lost most of its leaves. It was a luxury to not have to pull down the curtain after dark.

Although my room is tiny, it can be inconvenient to get to the window to pull down the shade. Sometimes there is no empty floor space in which to place a foot. It's also been nice to not feel on display in the kitchen since the leafy trees in the backyard have shielded us from neighbors' eyes. With each leaf that falls, we become more exposed.

I remember feeling like waving out the window as I ate dinners alone last winter. It always felt like someone was watching. One of my early purchases after first moving into this apartment was a blind for that window.

Is it really going to be another six months before the trees are green again? Uggghhh. I don't know if I can survive the urban landscape for that long.

Time to buy some more houseplants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home