Friday, November 09, 2007

Three Days



It's a long weekend. I'm feeling pretty happy about that. Time for sleeping. Time for writing papers. Time for reading. At least that's how it feels on Friday evening after work with the whole weekend stretching into the future. It definitely won't feel like this by Monday night when all the deadlines are loudly ticking down.

OH CRAP. I just realized that I have to go to a performance Monday night that I'm not particularly excited about. Not a problem except maybe I won't get home in time to see Heroes. Despite the fact that my roommate Nerb and I are both disappointed with Heroes so far this season, there is always hope that next week will be better. We throw around threats every time the plot logic starts falling apart. "I might not watch next week. Really. I mean it." I guess on my end, it's all just talk. I'm still watching.

Stupid free performance, interfering with our Heroes Monday night ritual.

School was interesting today. I'm starting to get into a groove with the 7th graders. There is only one so far that hates me. He likes to whomp other kids on their heads with books, pencils, his fists... whatever is handy. He's a bit of a bully. I see him and let him know that he is seen. He doesn't like that and gives me hate faces. That's our co-existence. I'd like to change his behavior between now and mid-January. Fun times for him and me are coming.

Before September, I used to go to the Brooklyn Botanical Garden about once a week. Sometimes I went more often, 2 to 3 times in a week when the garden was in a dramatic stage of transition. I don't think I've been to the garden more than once since August. Maybe, If I'm good this weekend and get a lot of work done tonight and tomorrow after teaching, I can go to the garden on Sunday and wander around for a bit. As a reward.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home